CITY OF WAGGA WAGGA EISTEDDFOD SOCIETY INC
ANNUAL HIGHLAND DANCING COMPETITION – REG NO 24 /2007
SUNDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER , 2007. COMMENCING 8.15AM SHARP
(Conducted under the rules and conditions of the SOBHD as adopted by the ABHDI)
VENUE:- Wagga Wagga Commercial Club Gurwood St. WAGGA WAGGA
Refreshments available at club.
ENTRIES CLOSE:- Saturday, 12TH August. 2006 email. email@example.com
FORWARD ENTRIES TO:- Mrs Di Jacobson, PO Box 7085. Mount Austin NSW 2650
ENQUIRIES TO:- Di – (02) 69223927 / 0413 955047 OR MAXCINE 02 69313816
Section $5.00 . TROPHY DANCE $6.00 Premiership $15.00 INTERMEDIATE / REST PREMIERSHIP $13.00
PREMIERSHIP PRIZES: TROPHY & CASH AS FOLLOWS FOR 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Premier:- 12 years & under $50.00, $30.00, $15.00
13 & 14 years $60.00, $35.00, $20.00
15 years & over $100.00, $50.00, $30.00
Intermediate:- & 12 years and under $40.00, $25.00, $15.00 MORE AGES DETERMINED AFTER ENTRIES
Rest. Premier. 13 years & over $50.00, $30.00, $15.00 CLOSE 2 AGES AT PRESENT
MOTHERS ETC Fling 4 steps $2.00 Entry Fee.
PRIMARY Pas de Basque, Pas de Basque & High Cuts, Fling, Swords.
BEGINNERS Fling, Swords, Seann Triubhas, Strathspey & Highland Reel, Lilt, Flora.
Trophy dance - Fling
NOVICE Same as for Beginners level.
INTERMEDIATE Swords, Seann Triubhas, Strathspey & Highland Reel, Laddie, Flora, Jig, Hornpipe,
Trophy dance – Barracks Johnnie
Intermediate Premiership – Fling (5 steps), Lilt (4 steps)
PREMIER Seann Triubhas , Swords, Strathspey & Highland Reel, Laddie, Blue Bonnets, Jig, Hornpipe . Prizemoney for older dancers.
Trophy Dance – Flora
Premier Premiership – Fling (5 steps), Lilt (4 steps) REST PREMIERSHIP SAME
STEPS REQUIRED FOR SECTIONS:- Unless mentioned previously number of steps for dance sections will
be as follows:- Fling (4), Swords (2 x 1), Seann Triubhas ( 3 x 2), Reel ( 2 x 2), Jig (4), Hornpipe (4), Blue Bonnets
(4) Laddie (4), Barracks Johnnie (4), Lilt (4), Flora (4).
1. Age to be taken at day of competition.
2. Age groups re section dances to be determined by the entries received.
3. Judges decision to be final.
4. Committee deserves the right to make alterations and additions.
5. Competitors dance at their own risk.
6. Registration cards must be presented to received numbers.
7. Any complaint made by an individual against the organisation or adjudication of an event must be made in writing giving the complainant’s full name and address, and shall be lodged with the organiser if possible on the day of the event and certainly not later than 48 hours after the event. Such a complaint to be accompanied by $5.00 fee (as determined by the ABHDI) which is refundable if protest is upheld.
8. Dancers must “fill in” if requested by the organiser. If an competitor fails to fill in unless for a medical reason the organiser has the right to enforce Rule 11), page 28 D Judges, SOBHD rules and Regulations, which reads – “Provided due prominence is given to the fact in the programme or in a brochure by the organiser, then during the course of a competition the comportment of the competitors may come under the jurisdiction of the judges, not only whilst dancing, but also when entering or leaving the platform and whilst waiting for the dance to start. Any unseemly behavior on the part of a competitor or any misdemeanor likely to upset the decorum of the proceedings may be penalised by the judges and could lead to disqualification, but a full report of any misconduct on the part of a competitor must be submitted by the judges to the organiser”.